Become a Member of SGS!
When you join the Seattle Genealogical Society online you may pay your dues immediately with a credit/debit card or you may print out your dues invoice and mail it to SGS with a check or money order.
As soon as SGS receives your dues payment, you will receive an email notice with your member login information.
Benefits of Membership
Your membership supports the Seattle Genealogical Society, an all-volunteer non-profit organization, dedicated to providing educational opportunities, preserving records and maintaining a public research library for the benefit of all in the community.
With your secure member account at our website, you will have access to all our online databases. You may make research requests such as an obituary search or library lookup at no charge. You will automatically receive our semi-monthly SGS eNews! in your email.
As a member you will be eligible for free or discounted rates and priority registration in our online and in-person classes, our twice-yearly all-day Seminars and special programs and events. You will also receive our semi-annual online publication Journal of the Seattle Genealogical Society.
Enjoy fellowship and support while learning together with other family history researchers at our monthly programs, quarterly membership meetings and Special Interest Groups. SGS provides an environment free from discrimination where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. See the SGS Code of Conduct.
You will have opportunites to help others to explore their family history by becoming a volunteer in many different capacities such as receptionist in our library, indexing or serving on one of the many committees that work to make resources available to our community. You can also volunteer at outreach events, as a program presenter, class instructor, project leader and board member. Advance your professional development while you help to sustain our organization and fulfill our mission.
- The SGS membership year extends from June 1st through May 31st. Dues are not prorated.
- Individual membership - Dues contribution is $40 paid annually, beginning April 1st.
- Dual membership - Dues contribution is $50 paid annually for two people with one postal mailing address. The first name listed is the "primary" member. Though Dual members share a membership account, they each have their own login at the SGS website and have Individual membership benefits.
- New members, during January 1st through March 31st, may purchase a 1 and 1/2 years membership extending through May 31st of the following year. Dues are $60 Individual, $75 Dual.
- Libraries and organizations may join to receive a print subscription to the semi-annual Journal of the Seattle Genealogical Society for $40 paid annually. Public libraries in Washington state may subscribe at the discounted rate of $20 paid annually.
Fill out a membership application and mail it with your dues payment to the address that appears on the form.
After we receive your application and dues payment you will be sent an email notice with your member login information.
Seattle Genealogical Society, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N, Suite 302, Seattle, WA 98103-6955
Seattle Genealogical Society is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization
registered in the state of Washington. Tax ID #91-0850085. Contributions are tax deductible.